October 2022 WATERmeditation with Lillian Lewis
“Looking for My Antlers, Leaping the World”
WATER thanks Lillian Lewis for her creative leadership of the WATER Meditation on Looking for My Antlers, Leaping the World.
We learned about the importance, especially for women, to recognize and grow into our Antlers as we all move inexorably toward the Leap into death.
Lillian juxtaposed the well-known image of the Grim Reaper with a less know but very beautiful image of a dancing woman. Following is the image as well as Lillian’s notes about many aspects of the image.
Notes from Lillian Lewis on Finding your Antlers, Leaping the Worlds, 10/4/22
- Leaping the worlds is needed to leave this planet.
- Antlers indicate the vestment of the shaman; shaman energy is needed to perform the leap.
- John O’Donahue – no fear of death as one is going.
- The image comes from Lillian’s book, WISDOM IN THE WILD WOMAN: WAKING THE DIVINE FEMININE (Limina Publishing, 2017). The following words are references to the image.
- The oval=vulva which is the image of the Great Mother of Us All.
- Dancing feet of the dancing figure indicate she is the shaman or shamanka of the Great Mother. A ritual is taking place hence, dancing.
- Moons indicate incorporating the night, the dark, the unknown, the beyond.
- The figure is naked meaning leaping as you are, wholly who you are.
- The red stole means activate your priesthood, the duty, the joy to BLESS. Rubedo, which means redness, is alchemy for completion of life.
- The frying pan is the feminine wand, the divine transformer, i.e., heating up anything to next level (like food).
- Snake is this shaman’s clan, a sign of Resurrection.
- Finding your antlers is always activated by stepping back into creation, putting yourself on the universal clock, and unplugging from electrical devices. Get up with the sun and go to bed with the moon.
Many participants expressed gratitude to Lillian for her insights. The sense of power in our antlers and the importance of leaping gave us new ways of thinking about our lives.