Here are just some of the opportunities WATER interns have:
- Program and event planning
- Assistance with writing and editing projects such as WATERtalks, WATERrituals, WATERmeditations, WATERteas, WATERcast, WATERwheel newsletters, journal and web articles, books, and presentations
- Non-profit fundraising
- WATER community outreach via phone, email, and listserv to our broad network of colleagues
- Hosting of Visiting Scholars, ministers and guests (as Covid conditions permit)
- Maintenance of social media platforms including the website, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and more
- Reading and reviewing the latest feminist books and films
- Attending social justice events and rallies in the DMV area
- Joining or initiating conversations with prominent feminist scholars, activists, religious leaders, and more
Interns must commit to a minimum of six weeks, but have the opportunity to stay for a year or more. Internships are unpaid. Some interns are placed through established programs of their universities, seminaries, or religious organizations. All participants are encouraged to apply for academic credit from their home institutions for their work at WATER.
Summer internships typically begin in late Spring and finish at the end of July. There is flexibility given the applicant’s schedule. The 2022 Summer Internship will run from May 23rd to July 22nd, 2022.
Applications are accepted throughout the year, and interns are invited to come at any time, with usual start dates of September and May. WATER is flexible in this regard. Give us a call if you have any questions about the program: (301) 589-2509, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the 2022 Intern Application below. Send your completed application to email@example.com.
Word Doc: WATER-Intern-App-2022