NCR Podcast: A conversation on gender, sexuality and the Catholic Church
Originally published by National Catholic Reporter, October 19, 2017.
Listen to NCR’s podcast, In Conversation, featuring Mary E. Hunt, Marianne Duddy-Burke, and Jamie Manson on sexuality and gender in the Catholic Church.
In this episode, NCR books editor Jamie Manson, feminist theologian Mary Hunt, and Dignity USA executive director Marianne Duddy-Burke talk about what LGBTQI Catholics need from the church, where they see an embrace of the gender and sexuality spectrums and what gives them hope.
- Here’s the essay that sparked this week’s conversation.
- We say: Stop censoring. It’s time for a civil discussion.
- Mary Hunt reviews books by Donna Quinn, Marian Ronan and Mary O’Brien on Catholic women’s history.
- Jamie Manson on when women become a clear and present danger at the Vatican.
- In a book review, Jamie asks: Can Fr. James Martin’s bridge hold up?
- Don’t be embarrassed to talk about sex, youths tell Vatican officials.
Listen to more episodes of In Conversation here.