Here are just some of the opportunities WATER interns have:
- Program and event planning
- Assistance with writing and editing projects such as WATERtalks, WATERrituals, WATERcast, WATERwheel newsletters, journal and web articles, books, and presentations
- Non-profit fundraising
- WATER community outreach via phone, email, and listserv to our broad network of colleagues
- Hosting Visiting Scholars, ministers and guests
- Maintenance of social media platforms including the website, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and more
- Read and review the latest feminist books and films
- Attend social justice events and rallies in the DMV area
- Join or initiate conversations with prominent feminist scholars, activists, religious leaders, and more
Interns must commit to a minimum of six weeks, but have the opportunity to stay for a year or more. Internships are unpaid. Some interns are placed through established programs of their universities, seminaries, or religious organizations, such as Mennonite Voluntary Service. All participants are encouraged to apply for academic credit from their home institutions for their work at WATER.
Summer internships typically begin after Memorial Day and finish at the end of July. There is flexibility given the applicant’s schedule.
Applications are accepted throughout the year, and interns are invited to come at any time. Give us a call if you have any questions about the program: (301) 589-2509, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the 2021 Intern Application below. Send your completed application to email@example.com.
PDF via Google Drive
Word Doc: WATER-Intern-App-2021