Creating and celebrating feminist liturgies and rituals to strengthen women and empower their communities for healing and social change.
Resources for Purchase
When you order the following liturgies, rituals, and seders directly from WATER you support our work. Most can only be purchased through WATER. Order through our online store or fill out this form and mail it with your payment to WATER.
- Stirring WATERS: Feminist Liturgies for Justice$39.95By Diann L. Neu For years, religious leaders and communities around the world have turned to the Women’s Alliance for Theology, Ethics, and Ritual (WATER) for feminist liturgies for justice. Now—in celebration of the organization’s thirty-fifth anniversary—Stirring Waters gathers fifty-two of these beautiful liturgies, ready-made to help your community celebrate powerful women of faith, develop a richer and […]
- Seasons of Survival: Prayers and Rituals for Women with Cancer$10.00by Diann L. Neu Women with cancer have asked WATER for prayers and rituals. In response, Diann Neu, in collaboration with women with cancer, created “Seasons of Survival: Prayers and Rituals for Women with Cancer.” WATER hopes this collection of thirty different prayers will provide healing for women, their families, and communities. Whether you are […]
- Season of Healing: Cancer Journal and Resources$12.00by Diann L. Neu The healing journey touches people individually and communally. Inspired by women with cancer and their loved ones who found “Seasons of Survival” beneficial, WATER has created this second collection in our “Seasons” series, “Seasons of Healing: Journaling and Resources.” This packet of thirty-nine different cards is meant to accompany women dealing […]
- Seasons of Compassion: Resources for Companions of Those Needing Healing$15.00by Diann L. Neu WATER’s interfaith “Seasons Series” developed out of a request from women with cancer for prayers specific to their situation. We expanded the scope to offer spiritual healing resources and journaling techniques to all in need of healing. Then we were asked to include resources for companions who accompany people with cancer and […]
- Return Blessings: Ecofeminist Liturgies Renewing the Earth by Diann Neu$18.00by Diann L. Neu “Nature taught me about the Divine and prayer.”—author Diann L. Neu Return Blessings proves the interrelatedness of ecology and feminism. It vividly describes how ecofeminism values women and nature and seeks to resist their associated exploitation and domination. Using the framework of the four seasons, Neu presents sixteen liturgies that are designed […]
- Women’s Rites: Feminist Liturgies for Life’s Journey by Diann Neu$21.00by Diann L. Neu This collection of new feminist liturgies celebrates and pays tribute to women’s physical, spiritual, and emotional rites of passage. The liturgies were designed with the WATER community, Sisters Against Sexism (SAS), Women-Church Convergence, and women in the global community who have asked for resources to celebrate the life-changing moments in their […]
- Peace Liturgies$15.00by Diann L. Neu Timely. Prayerful. Provocative. Complete scripts with music for seven liturgies: Peace, Peace, Peace; Harvesting Peace; Blessed Are the Peacemakers; Deep Peace of the Changing Seasons to You; Threatened with Resurrection; Peace, Only Peace; and Peace for the Children of the World.(WATERworks Press, 60 pages, $15 plus s+h).
- Women and the Gospel Traditions: Feminist Celebrations$10.00by Diann L. Neu These five liturgies, complete with music, move women’s experience to the center of religious celebration. Diann’s evocations—in music, movement, setting, and words—of the power and purpose of meaningful prayer ceremonies give this booklet rare value for both large gatherings and small circles of friends. They are inspirational reading even when you […]
- Gathered at Sophia’s Table: A Feminist Peace Seder$5.00by Diann L. Neu Complete 20-page script includes peace music (1-2 copies/$5 each; 3-9 copies/$4.50 each; 10 or more/$3.50 each plus s+h). Ordering information
- A Seder of the Sisters of Sarah: A Holy Thursday and Passover Feminist Liturgy$5.00by Diann L. Neu and Ronnie Levin Complete 24-page script includes music (WATERworks Press, $5 each plus shipping/handling).
- Miriam’s Sisters Rejoice: A Seder for Holy Thursday and Passover$5.00by Diann L. Neu, Tobie Hofman, Barbara Cullom, Mindy Shapiro Complete 34-page script includes music, recipes and Hebrew wording (WATERworks Press, $5 each plus shipping+handling)
- Together at Freedom’s Table: A Feminist Seder$5.00by Diann L. Neu, Jessica Weissman, Barbara A. Cullom Complete 36-page script includes music, recipes and Hebrew wording (WATERworks Press, $5 each plus shipping+handling).
- Women-Church Celebrations: Feminist Liturgies for the Lenten Season$10.00by Diann L. Neu Complete scripts for Ash Wednesday, Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and the Easter Vigil, including feminist music, poetry, readings, and bibliography (WATERworks Press, 50 pages, $10 plus s+h).
- Women of Fire: A Pentecost Event$10.00by Mary E. Hunt and Diann L. Neu The authors proclaim an international spirit of feminism that gave birth to the reality of women as church. Mary’s inspiring talks focus on passion, pain, and politics. Diann’s powerful liturgy reclaims the center of religious ritual—the progressive meal complete with festive processions (WATERworks Press, 45 pages, $10 plus […]
- Women-Church Sourcebook$10.00by Diann L. Neu and Mary E. Hunt This unprecedented compilation of resources provides a concise exposition of the women-church movement to date, plus “how to” suggestions for organizing local groups. Included are sample liturgies, planning schedules, and other handy tools for those of us fashioning new structures for meaningful religious expression. In addition, this […]
- Feministische Liturgie$15.00by Diann L. Neu, translation by Herta Leisthner (WATERworks Press, 45 pages, $15 plus s+h)
- Liturgias (in Spanish)$15.00by Diann L. Neu, translation by Sara Newberry (WATERworks Press, 45 pages, $15 plus s+h)
Diann L. Neu
Women’s Alliance for Theology Ethics and Ritual
8121 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring MD 20910